The funeral arrangements
We understand that the thought of arranging the funeral of a loved one can be distressing. Bereavement often leaves families shocked and unsure of what to do and what their next steps should be.
When you meet with us we will discuss, in detail, the options you have available with regards to the funeral arrangements. Below we have detailed some things you may wish to consider or discuss as a family before you meet with us. Please do not feel you have to make all these decisions at this stage, your Funeral Arranger will explain and talk you through everything.
What to consider:
- Is the funeral burial or cremation?
- If your choice is for cremation, would that be a local crematorium?
- If your choice is for burial do you have an existing family grave or for us to arrange the purchase of a new grave on your behalf?
- Where would you like the service to be held?
- Is there a particular minister or officiant that you would like to take the service for you?
- What transport would you like us to arrange for you? The hearse only or the hearse & following limousines?
- Would you like the cortege to leave from your home address?
- Would you like to make arrangements to visit the chapel of rest?
- Would you like us to place an obituary notice in the newspaper on your behalf?
- Would you like to request donations in lieu of flowers to your chosen charity?
- Would you like us to print an order of service for you?
- Would you like hymns or music during the service?